Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: The microbiome revolution in medicine is beginning to uncover the underappreciated role our healthy gut bacteria play in nutrition and health.
This is the first of a long series of in-depth videos on the microbiome, though I have touched on friendly flora before:
• How to Reduce Carcinogenic Bile Acid Production (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-reduce-carcinogenic-bile-acid-production/)
• Putrefying Protein and “Toxifying” Enzymes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/putrefying-protein-and-toxifying-enzymes/)
• Why Do Plant-Based Diets Help Rheumatoid Arthritis? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-plant-based-diets-help-rheumatoid-arthritis)
• Bowel Wars: Hydrogen Sulfide vs. Butyrate (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bowel-wars-hydrogen-sulfide-vs-butyrate/)
• Preventing Ulcerative Colitis with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-ulcerative-colitis-with-diet/)
• Treating Ulcerative Colitis with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-ulcerative-colitis-with-diet)
How does the body maintain the right balance of bacteria? Wait until the next video—you’ll be amazed (I know I was!): Prebiotics: Tending Our Inner Garden (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prebiotics-tending-our-inner-garden).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-the-inside-story and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate