Want to start on a raw vegan diet to look and feel amazing? Get your FREE 5-Day Raw Food Diet Kickstart Menu Plan here: http://www.rawsomehealthy.com
Iodine is a chemical element that the human body needs to be healthy.
The thyroid gland requires iodine to make thyroid hormones which control the body’s metabolism as well as other important functions.
During pregnancy and infancy the body needs thyroid hormones for proper bone and brain development.
Having sufficient Iodine levels is important, especially for infants and women who are pregnant.
The US RDA for iodine is:
• 150 micrograms (mcg) per day for adult men and women
• 220 mcg for pregnant women
• 290 mcg for lactating/breastfeeding women
In this video we talk about why you should be cautious about supplementing with high doses of iodine and share our story of Iodine supplementation and the issues we faced.
1. Research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed that study participants taking relatively higher doses of supplemental iodine — 400 mcg a day and more began developing subclinical hypothyroidism.
2. American Thyroid Association (ATA) Issues Statement On The Potential Risks Of Excess Iodine Ingestion And Exposure
Have your explored our products? They help people worldwide to gain the health, shape and fitness levels of their dreams!
* Thrive On Raw – Easy And Practical Guide To Starting And Succeeding On A Raw Vegan Lifestyle: http://www.rawsomehealthy.com/thriveonraw
* Thrive On Raw Recipes – 40 Delicious And Low-Fat Raw Vegan Meals To Help You Achieve Your Ideal Weight And Glowing Health: http://www.rawsomehealthy.com/rawrecipes/
* Our journey on raw, lessons learnt and mistakes to avoid: “The Raw Message” http://www.rawsomehealthy.com/raw-message
* “Deliciously Raw Dinners: 36 tasty and easy to make low-fat raw vegan savoury recipes to assist your detox, as well as weight and health management: http://rawsomehealthy.com/deliciously-raw-dinners-3/
* Struggling to be raw, fit and healthy during the winter months? Discover “The Raw Food Winter Recipe Collection”: http://rawsomehealthy.com/raw-winter-recipes/
* Love fruit and traveling? “Your Guide To The Top 10 Fruitful Destinations”
* A parent or a parent-to-be? “Healthy Raw Nutrition For Children And Teenagers”
* Into consciousness, raw food diet, global shift of awareness and self-transformation? “The Spirit of Transition”
Wishing you abundant health,
Paul and Yulia Tarbath