Learn how to make Raw Mango Rice, a delicious rice recipe by Anushruti only on Rajshri Food!
Raw Mango Rice is a classic authentic dish with the perfect combination of fluffly rice and delicious raw mangoes. So watch and learn how to make Raw Mango Rice at home with Anushruti only on Rajshri Food.
Ingredients: (Serves 4 )
300 gm (1 1/2 cups) basmati rice
625 ml (2 1/2 cups) water
1 1/2 tsp salt
To be ground to a paste:
1 medium size raw mango, peeled and shredded (1/2 cup)
30 gm (1/4 cup) fresh coconut, grated
3/4th tsp mustard seeds
1 or 2 green chilles, deseeded if desired
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp bengal gram dal
1 tsp urad dal
2 tbsp peanuts
3/4th tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies, broken
a sprig of curry leaves
1/2 tsp yellow asafoetida powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
– Wash the basmati rice in two to three changes of water and place in a bowl, covered with water. Allow to rest for half an hour.
– Drain the water and cook in an electric rice cooker with the 3 1/2 cups water and salt. Alternatively, cook in a pot with a tight fitting lid by placing the rice, water and salt and bringing it to a boil on a medium flame and then cooking it covered on a low flame for about 12 to 15 minutes.
– Allow the rice to cool completely.
– Assemble all the ingredients for grinding and in a blender or food processor grind to a fine paste without any water since the mango already has a lot of water in it. If you find that your raw mango is a little dry then grind to a paste using very little water.
– In a small saucepan or a seasoning pot, prepare the seasoning. Heat the oil over a medium flame, then lower the flame a bit and put in the bengal gram dal and black gram dal. Stir for a few seconds and then put in the peanuts.
– When the dals begin to change colour, add the mustard and allow them to pop. Lower the flame and put in the dry chilies, stir and add curry leaves and asafetida. Now, put in the ground paste, turmeric and salt and cook until the oil separates from the ground paste, about 3 to 4 minutes.
– Mix the cooked & ground paste with the cooked and cooled rice.
Choose firm, unripe and sour mangoes for this recipe. When mangoes are not in season you could substitute it with juice of lemon or lime
Find the recipe on Anushruti’s Website – http://goo.gl/EGkR6s
Host: Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Vaibhav Dhandha
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/oTcNyu
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/lPHLWt
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifo…
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood