Day 477 Raw Vegan/Fruitarian/Whatever
MY EBOOKS AVAILABLE NOW
30 Day Meal Plan with Recipes. Eat how I eat: https://payhip.com/b/ZF7D
52 To a New You Guide to help you go raw vegan here: https://payhip.com/b/60Nr
ALL EBOOKS FOR SALE HERE:
What I ate in a day!
Lunch salad dressing from this video:
******* DINNER RAW VEGAN CHILI RECIPE *******
NOTE: If you don’t have a dehydrator (or don’t want to use one), just leave ingredients out or in a warm place (like warm the oven and let them sit on top – not on a burner – we just want them not cold from the fridge)
1) Chop a whole zucchini, and about 4-5 tomatoes into small cubes and place on a dehydrator sheet for an hour or a bit more. You can also include red onion if you want, just a bit.
2) Chop mushrooms into small cubes and marinate in a little bit of coconut aminos (optional), lemon juice, chilli powder, cumin, oregano and garlic powder. Place marinating mushrooms on dehydrator top to warm up. Place about 1/4 or 1/2 cup bean sprouts (lentils and peas) in a bowl and put on dehydrator top too to warm up.
3) Chop a red bell pepper – half of it chop in diced pieces (place on dehydrator as well) and the other half will be for the sauce.
4) Blend 1/3 cup soaked cashews with the juice of a lemon and 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar. Add a SMALL amount of water to blend but keep it fairly thick. This is the sour cream. Once blended and super creamy, place in fridge for an hour or more.
5) Right before you make the sauce, place drained mushrooms, zucchini, tomato, pepper and beans all in one big bowl.
6) Make the sauce. It’s half that bell pepper, about 4-5 tomatoes, 8-10 pieces of sun dried tomatoes (no oil), 6 dates, 2 cloves garlic, small piece of chilli pepper, 2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cumin. Add water TO CONSISTENCY – about 1/2 cup but play around with it. Blend sauce for about 5-6 minutes on high in the vitamix. It will get warm. Measure temperature with a meat thermometer, don’t let it go over 115F.
Adjust seasonings as you go.
7) Pour sauce into bowl with veggies. Stir. OMG YUM
8) Transfer to serving bowl and get sour cream from the fridge. Put a few scoops on top of your chilli and top with green onion, red pepper flakes and smoked paprika if desired.
9) Go to heaven eating it. And then wish you made more.
Hey friends! Just another What I ate in a day video! Now keep in mind these are filmed throughout a day and I don’t end up editing them until way later, but you get the idea!!
*I also take a B12 and Vitamin D supplement – brazil nut for selenium and today a tbsp of nutritional yeast*
I am healthier and more nourished on this lifestyle than on anything I have every been on. No amount of convincing will sway me because the energy and health I am enjoying far outweighs anyone telling me I need meat/cooked foods.
P.S. I also will never hit the 100% nutrition goals because I do not follow the recommended fat intake or sodium intake. This is my choice because I believe in eating only 10% calories from fat (or about 200 calories of fat – which isn’t as much as we think it is) but I get everything else that I need no problem! Protein, vitamins, minerals and all. If you want to learn more about why I eat low fat – you can view these two pieces by Dr. Greger – https://youtu.be/fRZduVxlP_U and https://youtu.be/4aFxzAZdv7Y
Comment if you have questions, and you can find me all over social media too:
Two Grand @rawfoodromance
Fruit on!! xo Lissa